Small steps...Taiwan journey

Small steps...Taiwan journey

Welcome!

This is the story of our lives, especially concerning adopting 3 siblings from Taiwan.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

ONE YEAR!!



What do you say after one year?? Easier in some ways, harder in others. In the beginning, feeding and clothing people was enough. Now, emotions and relationships and family function are the priority. For example, our focus for the summer is limited to family work daily and scriptures. That's what will fit on my emotional plate.




I can say that three is WAY different than I anticipated. When I lie on my bed with just one, or take a walk or go to the store, it is a true pleasure. One child doesn’t demand attention, clamor for more or fair or whatever is the flavor of the day. But, I am reassured that it will eventually calm down, so say parents of kids close in age. Is it true??




At the end of the day, I am hopeful that we can have a home that will foster growth and happiness, love and blossoming into who they are meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment